You've done your homework, contacted a mortgage company and believe you are pre-approved. That part of the process is finished and you can concentrate of finding a home and moving...or
Thinking about moving?
Getting ready to move can seem overwhelming, but it doesn't need to be. In fact, many people want to move but never list their home because they just don't know where to start.
Just follow this list and you'll be well on your way to a quick sale and a new home!!
1. Find a real estate agent. Contact friends for recommendations on a great agent. Each agent is unique and can offer different styles and advantages. Ask questions and feel free to meet with a few to see which person is a good fit for you.
2. Walk Through. Have your agent or an HONEST friend walk through your home writing a list of repairs needed and suggestions on how best to stage each room. We get very used to our every day existence in our own homes and don't see the clutter and little problems like a friend or agent will.
3. Check for smells. Ask your agent or friend about smells/odors in your home and please don't be offended. Everyone's home has a certain odor and we get acclimated to it. Fix the issue (cat litter, the smell of dogs, old laundry, etc) and consider getting a diffuser that uses essential oils. These smell fantastic and look nice as well!
4. Consider repainting the walls. Use a neutral color. Paint is a relatively easy and inexpensive way to make your house shine!
5. Declutter. Can I say this one any louder? It's that important. Try doing one room per week to alleviate feeling overwhelmed.
Try the separate box idea...many experts in decluttering recommend it for good reason!
1. Discard Box 2. Donation Box 3. Keep Box 4. Repair Box
6. Depersonalize. Your cute spoon collection is awesome, but is unhelpful for selling your home. Take down excessive family photos and store for moving. You want to create the feeling of spaciousness so let your agent offer suggestions about removing these collections.
7. Greenery and candles. Plants feel clean and healthy and find a lovely pot to showcase them! A few well placed candles are homey and clean looking as well.
8. Clear and Clean. Look at pictures of listed home and notice which are appealing. You'll agree that the clean homes showcase the benefits of the property while the cluttered ones are hard to envision your belongings in.
9. Curb appeal and the outside Clean up the yard and remove or store any figurines, decorations or equipment. Trim bushes, sweep walkways or if there is snow, shovel so your entry looks nice.
10. Repairs. Discuss with your agent any needed repairs and hire a handyman or contractor to complete these projects. Items broken or not working can greatly affect your sale price so this step is well worth your time and money.
Your agent will help you navigate the process of getting ready so lean on them. If you don't have an agent and would like to talk to someone, please call me. I would love to be your agent!!
Raised in Medina and a graduate of Kent State University, I am committed to serving clients with integrity and diligence in this ever changing market. My goal is to make your transaction smooth ....
Latest Blog Posts
|Address:||12190 Pearl Road
Strongsville, Ohio 44136