Here are my top 8 reasons why you should market your home during winter:
1. Less Competition –Most sellers don’t put their homes on the market during the last or first couple of months of the year. So, if there are buyers in your local market, you may be at an advantage selling when most sellers are waiting.
2. More Time to Get Top Dollar –With less competition, by marketing your home early you may be able to secure a higher price.While the buyer may have had thirty homes to compare and choose from in June, there may only be ten homes that fit their criteria in January. If they are motivated to buy, they will choose one of those ten homes.
3. January is the Biggest Transfer Month –Did you know that more corporate moves happen during the month of January than at any other month of the year? Corporate transferees, who need to buy a house now, simply cannot wait until spring. I’ve seen this firsthand; clients say “I’m flying out for a week/few days. We’d like to see these 11 homes (maybe some others?) and we’ll be making an offer before we leave.”
4. More Serious Buyers– you may have fewer showings but more qualified buyers.
5. Better Timing –By selling your house during the winter you may have the opportunity of “first dibs” on the plentiful spring inventory.
6. Homes Show Well During the Holidays– The holidays are a great time to show homes because they feel warm decorated inside and out.
7. Showing Flexibility –Enjoy your holidays. Rather than pull your house off the market and miss a good prospect, change the showing procedure to require advance notice or restrict showings when you have company. Buyers will understand. (Just be aware of the limited time relocation transferees have to see properties.)
8. Changing dynamics in home buyer searches– justifying not listing in winter because there are less daylight hours, and bad weather inhibits buyers from wanting to see homes is not relevant as it was in the past. According to the National Association of Realtors, nine out of ten home buyers search for homes online – at their workplaces, on their smart phones, and from the comfort of their homes after dark.
Sellers who stick out the market through the winter actually increase their chance to sell significantly. When the smaller number of winter sales are compared to the smaller inventory of available homes, you’ll see that an individual home seller may actually be just as likely to have their home sell in winter as in summer.
Author:Yvonne Meder Phone: 216-288-8809 Dated: November 30th 2016 Views: 580 About Yvonne: Prior to real estate, I worked in corporate America and was involved in Account Management, Sales Tr...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Real Estate and Homes for Sale in the Cleveland Ohio and Sandusky Ohio Areas Searching for Ohio real estate? Russell Real Estate can help with all your property needs. Russell Real Estate Services Cleveland real estate, Sandusky real estate, and all surrounding Ohio real estate markets. Our agents can help with all your real estate needs, whether you're in Cleveland, Westlake, Brecksville, North Ridgeville, Strongsville, Medina, Amherst, Hudson and Sandusky
Search our more than 560 real estate agents serving Cleveland, Sandusky and more. Russell Real Estate Services has eight offices across the Lake Erie coast of Northern Ohio.
Looking for a home with a lake view? Check out these homes for s
"Fabulous! This definition means that Darleen & Tom were awesome, responsive, personable, communicative, and just plain were the best agents ever! Proof- house sold in one day!
They were referred by our neighbor who had used them several times.